Tuesday, 24 September 2013

A – Z of Global Gay Scenes, Part 2


So I am building my Gay Bucket List, as I mentioned in part 1 of the A-Z…and have also shared my experiences so far…where next? And what was your experience?


  • Amman, Jordan has discreet gay bars
  • Bairro Alto, Lisbon
  • Canal Street manachester
            I was personally disappointed with Manchester’s Canal Street. The city itself is remarkable, and I do enjoy Manchester, but the gay area seems to have been overtaken by hen and stag parties and was just too cheesy for me. Not enough rugged bars, although many could do with a facelift.
  • Dialogai, Geneva
  • European Union, more scenes than any other continent
  • Fire Island, USA
  • Gayxample Barcelona,
  • Hillcrest San Diego,
  • Jerusalem, Israel, has one bar
  • Kallio district,Hellsinki
  • Mykonos, Greece
  • Niederdorf, Zurich,
  • Orlando, Gay Day Disney World, Florida
  • Plaza San Martin, Lima
  • Queenstown – Worldwide [general term]
  • Reguliersdwarsstraat, Amsterdam
  • San Blas, Cusco – Peru
  • Testaccio, Rome
  • Unbelieveable time [what most gays come away with]
  • Vauxhall London
            It emerged into its own in the early 2000’s, it was bright and shiny for a while but has become a little tarnished now – mainly by the drug culture. Unfortunately too many people are now enjoying supplements on a night out. This is why I prefer Soho or Shoreitch.
  • West Hollywood Los Angeles
  • X-rated [only available on some scenes] 


So where next?