Wednesday, 18 September 2013

A – Z of Global Gay Destinations, Part 1

I’m building my Bucket List of gay destinations, and I really want some advice too on where to go next and the top spots to visit when I am there. Although I seem to be setting myself quite a feat from the list below, let alone the second list I have already written for Part 2.

Anything you can add will be great to hear!

  • Amstel, Amsterdam
  • Bellavista, Santiago
  • Castro San Francisco. 
Great City, such a fantastic charm. I visited aged 21, fresh out of university having studied Gender and Sexuality during my Media and communications course. I was pretty poor by the time I reached here, I had just missed the gay pride, and I was desperate for a Gay pilgrimage – the place where gay stories truly began
  • Chelsea New York,
What a fantastic vibe in NYC. I always enjoy visiting Chelsea whenever I go to NYC and I have visited now a total of four times. I hope to be back soon.
  • Davie Street, Vancouver
  • Edinburgh Pink Trianle, Broughton Street
  • Fruit loop (AKA Paradise Road), Las Vegas
  • Gazi, Athens
  • Hell's Kitchen New York
            I love how fresh this area of NYC is. It’s the new gay, so trendy and cool. I’ve visited three times now. Though somehow I always get lost.
  • Istiklal Street, Turkey
  • Jardins in Sao Paolo, Brazil
  • K Road, Auckland
  • Le Village, Montreal
  • Montrose, Houston
  • Newton, Australia
  • Oxford Strip, Sydney’s ‘Gay Golden Mile’
  • Paceville and St Julians districts, Malta
  • Queenstown – Worldwide [general term]
  • Recoleta, Buenos Aires
  • Sconeberg of Berlin
            Got to be my favourite gay scene, I’ve been 6 times and every time I meet incredibly friendly and welcoming people.
  • The Commercial Center (off Sahara Avenue), Las Vegas
  • Unbelieveable time [what most gays come away with]
  • Vinohady, Czech Republic
  • Wilton Manors, Fort Lauderdale
            This was an experience. It felt like a step back in time to the 1980’s. There is something inherently retro about it.
  • X-rated [only available on some scenes]
  • Zeedijk, Amterdam
            Amsterdam is ubercool, and the gay scene just feels so timeless. It is an experience the three times I have visited. This area of Europe is renowned for its openness, but here in Amsterdam it feels it goes to another level. 


So where next?