Thursday, 20 September 2012

A Trip to Belfast: Artistic Graffiti, Gay bar gone right

A very brief spell in Belfast brought me to a part of the UK I thought I would not see until old age, but makes me now want to return very soon. Arriving by taxi from Belfast International Airport the sun shone on the vibrant green hills of the surrounding countryside. The central city the location of numerous riots was peaceful, clean and inviting.

I stumbled across the bar and restaurant Made in Belfast that was adorned by rainbow flags and I was impressed, I must dine here the next time I am in the city. I was also given an exclusive tour of The Merchant hotel, restaurant and bars - this former Ulster Bank headquarters is decadent and will fulfill any romantic gestures you intend - plus it has a multi-award winning cocktail bar with the Guinness Book of Records for the most expensive cocktail.

Belfast - a city to return to.